2014: 10th Anniversary of the Posner Center
The Posner Center, opened in 2004, is an elegant earth-sheltered building on Carnegie Mellon University's Pittsburgh campus. The Center houses meeting space for the university's Board of Truestees and other university organizations, as well as collection and exhibition space for the Posner Memorial Collection of rare books and objets-d'art.
The Posner Collection's more than 600 books include landmark titles of the history of western science, beautifully produced books on decorative arts and fine sets of literature. Henry Posner Sr. and his wife Ida M. Posner acquired the collection between 1924 and 1973. In 1978, their son Henry Posner Jr. and his wife Helen established the Posner Memorial Collection at Carnegie Mellon University. The collection is managed by the University Libraries under the auspices of the Posner Fine Arts Foundation. Nearly all of the books in the Posner Memorial Collection have been digitized and are publically available online.
Twelve highlights of the collection were selected to mark the 10th anniversary of the Posner Center. The highlights were on exhibit during the fall 2014.