Carnegie Mellon University

Property Registration

The most common items that are reported stolen to University Police are Electronic Devices (Computers, Phones, and Tablets) and Bicycles.  If your property is stolen or lost, the reporting police officer will ask you to provide the make, model, and serial number of the item. Property owners may not have this information readily available, especially if they no longer have access to the item. 

Police officers are more likely to recover your lost/stolen property if they have this information on record.  By registering your property below, this important information will be remain on file with University Police.

Electronic Device Registration

Bicycle Registration