Workday From Your Seat
Workday will provide:
- your personal employee-related information at your fingertips,
- automated procedures, changing the way managers and administrators handle transactions and generate reports and
- the elimination of most paper forms, making work faster and more accurate.
Workday will enable all employees to better manage and access their personal employee-related information.
In Workday, employees will:
- update their address,
- request vacation time,
- change a beneficiary,
- view compensation and benefit information,
- enter their hours,
- change payroll withholdings and more.
Managers will have easy access to staffing and organizational information and manage their team’s information in one place with robust on demand reporting capabilities.
With a few short minutes, you can click through the manager demo to see Workday and its ease-of-use.
Workday is a system that will
- allow faculty to focus time and attention on their core duties of teaching and research,
- decrease the administrative burden placed on both faculty and their staff, and
- allow support staff to focus on value-added activities.
What Will Workday Do?
Workday's streamlined system will modernize and improve the way CMU delivers key human resources, benefits, payroll and time tracking services to employees. More specifically, Workday will perform:
- Employee Self Service- employees will manage all personal information (e.g. benefits, PTO, change address, payroll deductions)
- Manager Self Service- managers will access and analyze employee/team information
- Core HR Transactions
- Position Management
- Absence/Leave Management
- Performance Management
- Time & Attendance Tracking
- Faculty Information Management
What Will Workday Replace?
Workday will replace:
- HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) which includes
- HREM (Human Resources Employee Module)
- HR Connection
- TMS (Talent Management System) -Position Module
- PRS (Payroll Roster System)
- ADP for Payroll
- Green Paper Time Sheets
- Shadow Systems (excel spreadsheets, word documents, etc.) created to bridge gaps