X-Win32 is X terminal application software for Windows. X-Win32 allows Windows users to connect to Linux/Unix servers on a network and run the applications from those servers on their Windows desktop. Users can copy and paste data between the X and Windows applications.
For information on installing, configuring, and/or updating x-Win32 visit the Using X-Win 32 page.
Note: Additional instructions are included in a Microsoft Word file (in the compressed file you download).
X-Win32 Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America and Qatar
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed:unlimited for Carnegie Mellon networks; 1000 seats off campus licenses
- Available for: Windows
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: Annual, October 31 renewal
- Cost to users: None
- Where to get it: Download from the "Get It" link on this page
- License code required: Yes. It is provided in a text file in the download material
- Getting help using it: contact the Help Center, contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University