SPSS is a statistical software package specialized for research in the fields of Humanities and Business, but used in many fields. SPSS Base provides you with a broad range of features for the entire statistical analysis process. It includes high quality tabular and graphical output, a variety of reporting methods, and an easy to use interface.
Advanced Models provides a set of univariate and mulitivariate analytical techniques, including: generalized linear models, generalized estimating equations, general linear models, and linear mixed models. Regression Models offer a wide range of non-linear modeling procedures, including: multinominal logistic regression, binary logistic regression, nonlinear regression, constrained nonlinear regression, and probit analysis.
Administrative Departments (Faculty and Staff)
Faculty and staff members may acquire SPSS through the Computing Services site license. The software can be installed only on university owned equipment. The cost is $110 per seat.
SPSS Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in Pittsburgh
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited
- Available for: Windows
- Who can install it: Faculty and Staff
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased computers on campus or at home
- Type of license: Annual; May 30 renewal
- Cost to users: There is a fee associated with the uses of this software for details contact the Software Licensing Office
- Where to get it: contact Software Licensing Office
- License code required: Yes. It is provided with the media
- Getting help using it: Contact Software Licensing. Contact information is listed under "Support Contact" on this page
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affliation with Carnegie Mellon University