SAS is a comprehensive statistical and graphical package that includes modules for several types of specialized analysis.
SAS Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: limited licenses for Linux and Windows workstations, Linux time-share server
- Available for: Windows, and Linux
- Who can install it: Faculty and Students
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: Annual, September 1 renewal
- Cost to users: Students pay $59 for a license, or can use SAS OnDemand for free if an instructor enables it for a course; faculty can obtain a free license through the OnDemand services
- Where to get it: SAS is available through the OnDemand For Academics Program. For the Linux version, email
firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
- License code required: Yes. For Faculty and Students that have SAS already installed, contact email@example.com to request a new license file (License codes needs to be updated each fall).
- Getting help using it: This product is not supported by Computing Services. End user help is not available.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made. Administrative use of SAS is not covered by this academic license. Faculty may take copies out of North America for up to 90 days. Students cannot take copies out of North America.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: All copies must be deleted upon termination of affiliation with Carnegie Mellon University