Microsoft Office: Windows and Macintosh
Microsoft Office is made available via Virtual Andrew and cluster computers. For students and departments interested in a media copy, it is available for purchase at the campus Computer Sales. Microsoft Office includes the following applications:
- Access (Windows only)
- Publisher (Windows only)
- OneNote (Windows only, separate Macintosh download available)
Impact on Campus
Computing Services offers support for Microsoft Office products on a best effort basis. The exception is the Outlook mail client which is supported for use on campus.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 for WindowsIncludes Access, Excel, InfoPath, Lync, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint Workspace, Word
- Microsoft Office Professional for Macintosh
Includes Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word
Additional Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Covers all university-owned/leased Macintosh/Windows computers and one computer of either type owned by a Student, Faculty, or Staff member
- Available for: Windows and Macintosh
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students (includes adjunct faculty members and part-time employees)
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased computers; students can install one copy on personally-owned machines
- Type of license: Annual
- Cost to users: The annual fee is shared by the colleges, Computing Services, SEI, and central administrative offices
- Where to get media: May be purchased from the Computer Store
- License code required: Yes; the license is provided with the purchase of media
- Questions: Direct licensing issues/questions to your DSP consultant, IT support person or Computer Sales.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: Once your Carnegie Mellon affiliation ends, you are required to remove all copies of the software. Exception: Students may request a perpetual license for Microsoft products. However, the software is not eligible for upgrades or technical support.