Microsoft Office: Windows & Mac
Faculty and staff are licensed to use Microsoft Office on university owned equipment. Additionally, all faculty and staff are eligible to install one copy of Office 2016 on a personal computer via the "Home Rights" clause in our agreement. Contact your DSP consultant, IT department administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Computing Services offers support for Microsoft Office products on a best effort basis. The exception is Outlook which is supported for use on campus.
- Office 365
- Office 2013
Microsoft Office for Windows includes: Access, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Word
Microsoft Office Professional for Macintosh includes: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Word
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Covers all university-owned/leased Macintosh/Windows computers and one computer of either type owned by a faculty or staff member
- Available for: Windows and Macintosh
- Who can install: Faculty and staff (includes adjunct faculty members and part-time employees)
- Eligible equipment: University owned/leased computers
- Type of license: Annual
- Cost: The annual fee is shared by the colleges, Computing Services, SEI, and central administrative offices
- License code required: Yes
- Questions: Direct licensing issues/questions to email@example.com.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only. Software must be removed from computers if annual payment is not made.
- Individual use rights upon termination of affiliation: Once your Carnegie Mellon affiliation ends, you are required to remove all copies of the software. Exception: Students may request a perpetual license for Microsoft products. However, the software is not eligible for upgrades or technical support.