Update Your Matlab License
The Matlab licenses file expires on August 31 of each year. Prior to expiration, Computing Services receives a new license file and updates that file on our license server.
- If you run Matlab by connecting to our network server, the license file will be updated automatically; no action is necessary on your part and you should no longer receive expiration messages.
- If you use a stand-alone version of Matlab (it's installed on your computer), follow the steps below to update your license.
Update the License
To update an existing license:
- Connect to the internet.
- Launch Matlab.
- From the Help menu, select Licensing > Update Current License. This will download the latest license file.
To reactivate Matlab:
- You will need one of the following:
- An internet connection and a MathWorks account with activation permissions. - OR -
- An internet connection and the Activation Key (The installation key is included with the download. )
- Log in to your MathWorks account to activate the license.