Mathematica is symbolic computation software. Use the networked version if you will be installing the software on a computer that is connected to the Carnegie Mellon network.
Mathematica may be installed in either "networked" or "standalone" configurations. The networked configuration requires a connection to the license server operated by Computing Services and your computer must be on the campus network whenever you use Mathematica. The standalone configuration does not require a connection to the license server, but does require you to update the password each year.
Mathematica Licensing Information
- Campuses covered by this license: Campuses located in North America and Qatar
- License holder: Computing Services
- Quantity licensed: Unlimited
- Available for: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Who can install it: Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Eligible equipment: university owned/leased and personally owned computers on campus/at home
- Type of license: Perpetual, August Maintenance renewal
- Cost to users: None
- License code required: Yes. for standalone versions. Codes for standalone copies are obtained by registering the copy at Wolfram's web site. A link to the site is provided by the Mathematica installer.
- Getting help using it: This product is not supported by Computing Services. End user help is not available.
- Restrictions: Use for academic, non-commercial purposes only.