Configure Email with Cyrus (IMAP)
To configure your Carnegie Mellon Cyrus (IMAP) email with your mobile device follow these steps:
- Locate the email configuration settings.
- Enter the following (terminology may vary):
Note: Depending on your device, you may not need to enter all the settings below.
Description: CMU Mail
Incoming Server: cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu
Security Type: SSL
Outgoing Server: smtp.andrew.cmu.edu
Security Type: SSL
Email Address: Enter your Carnegie Mellon email address+ (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
Username: Enter your Andrew userID+. Windows devices: Enter your Carnegie Mellon email address.
Password: Enter your Andrew password.
Note: To avoid downloading a full list of bboards, add a "+" after your email address and Andrew userID.
Subscribe to your Cyrus Inbox (iOS)
If the INBOX in iOS Mail is grayed out, you may not be subscribed to your inbox. To subscribe to your inbox using the Outlook desktop client or Unix commands, follow these steps:
- Using SSH Tectia (Windows) or Terminal (Mac), connect to unix.andrew.cmu.edu
- At the command prompt, type cyradm cyrus.
- Type subscribe user.andrewID where andrewID is replaced with your Andrew userID.
You may need to reboot the iPhone or reconfigure the mail client.
- Open Outlook.
- Right-click on your Cyrus inbox and click IMAP folders.
- Type INBOX in the search field and click Query.
- Select Inbox and click subscribe.
- Click ok.
- Check your iPhone for your Inbox. You may need to reboot your iPhone.
- Open Entourage.
- Right click on the Cyrus account folder, one level above your inbox.
- Select your Inbox and click subscribe.
- Exit Entourage. Check your iPhone for your Inbox. You may need to reboot your iPhone.
Sync Deleted, Sent, Draft folders with server (iOS)
- After adding your Cyrus (IMAP) email account to your device, go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and find the settings for your newly created Cyrus account.
- Tap your email address next to the Account label.
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced.
- Under the Mailbox Behaviors section, select Drafts Mailbox
- Below the ON THE SERVER section, select Drafts
- Return to Advanced and select Send Mailbox
- Below the ON THE SERVER section, select Sent
- Return to Advanced and select Deleted Mailbox
- Below the ON THE SERVER section, select Trash
- Return to Advanced, return to Account, then tap Done