Create a New Mailing List
Follow these steps to create a new mailing list:
- Select Create a New Mailing List.
- Enter a name for your mailing list in the Name of list field - lowercase, no spaces. The name must include a hyphen.
Note: This name will become part of the mailing list email address.
- For Auto-generate initial list password do one of the following:
- Select Yes to automatically create an initial list password; Mailman will email it to you.
- Select No to create the password yourself OR to authenticate through Web Login.
- For Initial list password and Confirm list password, do one of the following:
- If you selected No at the auto-generate option, enter your desired password.
- If you selected Yes, leave these fields blank.
- Select if new member postings should be held for moderator approval in the Should new members be quarantined.
- Yes - Mailman will hold messages in a storage area so you can review, post, and/or reject them.
- No - posts will be sent directly to the list.
- Select Yes in the Send "list created" email.
- Click Create List.
- Use the format email@example.com to send mail to your list.
See Basic Administration for steps on administering your list.
Last Updated 10/6/15