Steinbrenner Institute welcomes 2023-24 Doctoral Fellows
Every year the Institute awards grants to four highly qualified second-year PhD students involved in environmentally focused research.
Meet our newest cohort of fellows
ESS Alumna Awarded Fulbright Scholarship
Maegan Bogetti (BA 2022) will be conducting a community-based environmental justice research project in Naples, Italy.
Learn what Bogetti has been up to post-CMU
Nida Rehman and Aparna Parikh Launch New Website
South Asian Urban Climates is an online platform that brings together those looking at the intersections of climate, politics, and urbanism.
Learn more about the new website
About the Steinbrenner Institute
The Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research was established in 2004 with the generous support of Lowell and Jan Steinbrenner to change the way the world thinks and acts about the environment.
The Steinbrenner Institute advances environmental education and research at Carnegie Mellon University in the following ways:
- We direct an undergraduate program in Environmental and Sustainability Studies with both a minor and an additional major that are accessible to students with any primary major across campus.
- We offer competitive doctoral fellowships to talented doctoral school students.
- We offer Steinbrenner Environmental Education Development grants to faculty, staff and students to fund innovative sustainability projects on the CMU campus.
- We promote and support environmental initiatives on the CMU campus.
- We facilitate connections and coordinate new research initiatives.