About the Steinbrenner Institute
The Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research was established in 2004 with the generous support of Lowell and Jan Steinbrenner to change the way the world thinks and acts about the environment. Read more about our History and Mission.
The Steinbrenner Institute advances environmental education and research at Carnegie Mellon University in the following ways:
- We direct a program in Environmental and Sustainability Studies with both a Minor and and Additional Major that are accessible to students with any primary major across campus.
- We offer competitive fellowships to talented graduate school students
- We offer Steinbrenner Environmental Education Development grants to faculty, staff and students to fund innovative sustainability projects on the CMU campus
- We promote and support environmental initiatives on the CMU campus
- We facilitate connections and coordinate new research initiatives
To learn more about how the Steinbrenner Institute is helping to advance environmental education and research at Carnegie Mellon University CONTACT US.