The vision of the CMUPD is to provide the best possible police and security services to our University by:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships within our community for the purpose of communication and problem solving.
- Utilize technology, intelligence and information sharing to enhance safety.
- Create a safe and prospering environment through education, prevention and enforcement efforts.
- Continue to improve and enhance services to the University community through training, cost-efficient and responsible use of resources, and resource sharing within the law enforcement community.
- Continually measure the organization against best practices within the University and law enforcement community, always seeking improvement and continued learning.
- Gain and maintain the trust and confidence of all members of the University community while striving to improve the quality of life for them.
- Constantly improve and enhance the image of the CMUPD through our service, performance, appearance, conduct and reputation.
The Carnegie Mellon University Police Department
has been Accredited by the
Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association