The vision of the CMUPD is to provide best-in-class police and security services to the Carnegie Mellon University community by:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships within our community for the purpose of communication and problem-solving.
- Gaining and maintaining the trust and confidence of all members of the university community while striving to improve the quality of life of its members.
- Creating a safe and prospering campus environment through education, prevention and enforcement efforts.
- Continuing to improve and enhance services to the university community through training, cost-efficient and responsible use of resources, and resource sharing within the law enforcement community.
- Continually measuring the organization against best practices within the university and law enforcement community, and always seeking improvement and continued learning.
- Utilizing technology, intelligence and information sharing to enhance safety.
- Constantly improving and enhancing the image of the CMUPD through our service, performance, appearance, conduct and reputation.