ACADEMIC YEAR PERMITS ACTIVATION DATE IS MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2019.IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT PERMIT, PLEASE CONTINUE TO DISPLAY THE CURRENT YEAR PERMIT, WHICH EXPIRES 8/31/2019
Faculty & Staff Permits
The online open enrollment period has ended for AY19/20. You can check your current permits, open citations, vehicle information by logging into your account with your ANDREW ID.
If you'd like to cancel your current (18/19) or future (19/20), please stop in our office. You are also able to register for up to three waiting list choices at any time by stopping in our office or by sending us an email.FAQs page for further information.
Parking Permit Distribution Dates
Location: Dithridge Street Garage Lobby, Monday, August 19, 2019, 9 AM - 1 PM. For the following parking areas only: 4700 Fifth Ave. (Residence on Fifth, FACULTY & STAFF ONLY), 4620 Henry St., Clyde St. (FACULTY & STAFF ONLY), Dithridge Garage, Fairfax, Fifth & Craig (RAND building), Fifth & Neville Lot & garages, GATF, Henry St., Whitfield, & Zebina Way.
Location: Parking & Transportation Services, East Campus Garage office, 1st FL, Tuesday, August 20 through Friday, August 23, 2019, 9 AM - 3 PM. ALL PERMITS INCLUDING ALL STUDENT PERMITS
- Carnegie Mellon ID required to pick up your parking permit
- Our office will be open 9 AM - 3 PM ONLY during permit distribution week. No permits will be distributed after 3 PM.
- If you are unable to pick up your permit by Friday, Aug. 23, 2019, you can pick up your permit during regular office hours, M-F, 8 AM - 4:30 PM in the East Campus Garage beginning Monday, August 26, 2019. Permits not picked up by August 31, 2019, will be considered unclaimed and cancelled. Please send an email if you are not able to pick up your permit by August 31, 2019.
Students may access their parking account by clicking here at any time. Current rates can be downloaded as a PDF file. Please visit our FAQs for further information. See below for carpool information. (CMU ANDREW ID required)
Permit assignments will begin during June through July 2019. You will be notified via your ANDREW EMAIL of a permit assignment. Please respond within three (3) business days as to whether you ACCEPT or DECLINE the parking permit assignment.
Please complete the application form (PDF) if you had not registered for a parking permit during open enrollment in May, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Stephenson.
- If you currently have an active permit and wish to continue it through 8/31/2019, visit our office beginning Monday, May 20, 2019 to purchase and extend your current permit three additional months (June, July, and August, 2019).
- PTC (Second Avenue) permits are for ETC (Entertainment Technology Center) students, as well as faculty & staff at ETC. The PTC garage is located at 700 Technology Dr. Pittsburgh, PA. 15219.
- Parking & Transportation may offer a discounted PTC (Second Avenue) permit for on-campus students if enough interest is expressed. This permit would allow you to use the PTC garage for parking. You would utilize the CMU Shuttle services or Port Authority for transportation to and from the PTC garage to central campus on Forbes Avenue. Please email our office if you are interested in this off-campus parking location alternative.
Parking Permit Forms & Policies
Parking Application Form (PDF)
Please complete this form and submit to P&TS by email, or stop by our office in the East Campus Garage.
Carpool Application (PDF)
Current faculty, staff, and students who have an active permit should complete this form if they share a ride or carpool with other members of the campus community. Once the form is completed, please email or stop in our office in the East Campus Garage, and the carpool leader (permit holder) will receive a discount of $10 beginning with their next payroll deduction. Applications will be sent to current carpool members to complete each academic year. ** Students will receive the discount when they purchase the permit**
Three times in a permit year (September through August), carpool members are permitted to drive to work on their own. You will receive validated parking in the East Campus Garage for these three times that the carpool members are arriving to campus on the same day, regardless of the original carpool leader's permit location. You will receive a punch card to be presented when you receive validated parking.
Reminder! If you have forgotten your permit hang tag, please stop in our office in the East Campus Garage to purchase a temporary hang tag for a one-time fee of $3.