Parking Violation Definitions
This section defines parking violations, which includes general violations, hazard violations, and meter violations.
- General parking violations (PDF) include improper parking, parking in reserved spaces, and failure to report campus accidents to the University Police.
- FAQs SECTION. : ANY VEHICLE EXCEEDING A HEIGHT OF FIVE FEET, TWO INCHES (5'2") IS NOT A SUB-COMPACT VEHICLE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS FOUND IN OUR
- Hazard violations (PDF) include driving on campus grounds or sidewalks without proper authorization, parking in a designated fire lane, driving in excess of campus speed limit.
- Disability/Handicapped Parking Violations
Vehicles occupying disabled parking spaces must display proper registration such as a hang tag, temporary disabled permit or a State Issued Handicap license plate. Due to the severity of this violation, the fine for this violation will not be reduced and the citation cannot be appealed.
Parking Violation Enforcement
This section explains the university's enforcement policies, including ticketing and fines and, if necessary, immobilization or external enforcement.
- Internal Enforcement (PDF) includes fines and penalties, vehicle immobilization and towing.
- External Enforcement: The University prefers to control parking violations by internal means. However, repeated violations, hazard violations, and non-permit violators may be handled as outlined P&TS External Enforcement Policy (PDF).
- Towed or Immobilized vehicle? Please call our office directly at 412-268-2052. If after 4:30 PM or on weekends, please call 412-216-2054