Ordering Materials from FMS Storeroom
Both FMS employees and others at Carnegie Mellon can order materials from the FMS Storeroom. A Maximo work order number from an approved department charge string must be provided to make the order. Once you have an approved work order, you may use the link below to order materials. Orders can be picked up at the Storeroom window, 2nd Floor, FMS Building.
How to Order Items from the FMS Storeroom
1) Open Stores Catalog Link
2) Select Your Name. If you are not an FMS employee, select Not Listed under Requested By, then type your name.
3) Use the Item Description or the Category and Sub-Category to Select Item(s) and Quantity
4) Enter Work Order Number(s) in Shopping Cart. The quantity can be changed here.
5) View/Print Order: On the preview page, make sure your email address and order are right.
6) Submit Order: Clicking the Send Order button will submit the order to the Storeroom and email a copy to you.
If items are not available at the FMS Storeroom, see instructions for ordering as a Special Order below.
1) Open Special Orders Link
2) Select Order Special Order Items
3) Select Name
4) Select Ship To Location
5) Enter Item Description
6) Enter Quantity
7) Enter Work Order Number
8) Select Add to Order
9) Add more items by going back to 5
10) View/Print Order
11) Submit Order