OurCS 2019 (Registration Closed)
What: Workshop for Undergraduates in Computer Science
When: October 18th, 19th, and 20th, 2019
Where: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
This 3 day research-focused workshop aims to improve gender balance in computing research. Undergraduate students from the USA and around the globe are encouraged to explore research. Students will work on exploratory problems in teams led by researchers from industry, academia and other computing related domains.
Participants will be able to:
- meet others who share their curiosity and interest in computer science
- explore the research experience in computing related domains
- work hands-on with researchers
- work in a team to tackle a research problem
- present a poster: great for first timers! Poster Info Page
- broaden understanding of the possibilities of graduate school and the application process
Workshop participants will have a chance to learn about life in graduate school from the perspectives of current graduate students.
2019 Keynote Speakers:
|Sue Black, OBE, Computer Science Professor, Durham University, England, and author of "Saving Bletchley Park". Read more|
|Lenore Blum, Distinguished Career Professor of Computer Science and Deans’ Professorship in Technology Entrepreneurship, Carnegie Mellon University. Read more|
Check out our FAQ page -- lots of useful information!
Check out the Photo Gallery for OurCS 2019!