General Information Based on Frequently Asked Questions
- Please check the OurCS schedule: Workshop starts Friday, Oct. 18th, with registration betweeen 8:30am and 9.15am at Gates 6121 in 6th floor commons, Gates-Hillman building, at Carnegie Mellon. Signs will point the way from Forbes Avenue to the Gates-Hillman building.
- Signs will point the way from the entrance at the Gates/Hillman building to Gates 6121, 6th floor commons.
- Registering your laptop to access wireless will be done during workshop registration.
- You will get your research project assignment at registration.
- No particular dress code -- just feel comfortable!
- Breakfast for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be provided at the hotel.
- Lunch and Dinner will be provided on Gates 6th floor for Friday and Saturday. Lunch will be provided for Sunday.
Hotel: OurCS attendees will stay in a shared room (if a single has been requested student will cover extra expense) at the Hilton Garden Inn, Oakland, below, except CMU and Pitt students who will stay in their usual accommodation. Check in is Thursday October 17th after 3.00pm. Breakfast will be provided at the hotel.
Hilton Garden Inn, Oakland
3454 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
We have rooms reserved (and paid) for you for 3 nights October 17th, 18th, 19th --unless you have special arrangements with us for additional nights. You do not have to do anything about accommodation. Roommates will be assigned (taking your registration roommate preference into account).
At the hotel: On Thursday, Oct. 17th, from 6.00pm onwards, you can meet other OurCS attendees and CMU graduate students in the hotel hospitality room.
Transport from the hotel to Carnegie Mellon:
Each morning (Frid. Sat. and Sun.) a bus will leave the Hilton Garden Inn at two times: 8:30am and 8:45am (approx). Drop off is on Forbes Ave. and Morewood Ave..
Transport from Carnegie Mellon back to hotel:
Bus will leave CMU, Forbes Ave. in front of Gates/Hillman Building at two times:
-- Friday, 7:00pm and 7:30 (approx)
-- Saturday, 7:15pm and 7:30 (approx)
-- Sunday, 4:00pm and 4:30 (approx)
Hotel is a level 10-15 minutes walk from Carnegie Mellon.
Transport to hotel from airport:
There is a great city bus called the 28X that serves this route. You take the inbound route and get off at Forbes at McKee and you can buy ConnectCards (bus passes) at the aiport in the "landside terminal near Door 6".
You can also take a taxi (approx. $60 one way) or a shuttle (approx. $28 one way) from the airport. Please check rates.
Link for Super Shuttle rates:
We do not have any special rates with airlines.
Here is the Carnegie Mellon link for visitors with more travel information and showing parking sites and directions.
Laptops at OurCS:
We encourage you to bring your own laptop to the OurCS conference if at all possible.
We will make it easy for you to register it and work wirelessly at CMU.
Please let us know if you do NOT plan on bringing a laptop.