OurCS 2019 (Registration Closed)
What: Workshop for Undergraduate Women in Computer Science
When: October 18th, 19th, and 20th, 2019
Where: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
This 3 day workshop is research focused and will provide opportunities for undergraduate women from the USA and around the globe to work on exploratory problems in teams led by researchers from industry, academia and other computing related domains.
Participants will be able to:
- meet others who share their curiosity and interest in computer science
- explore the research experience in computing related domains
- work hands-on with researchers
- work in a team to tackle a research problem
- present a poster: great for first timers! Poster Info Page
- broaden understanding of the possibilities of graduate school and the application process
Workshop participants will have a chance to learn about life in graduate school from the perspectives of current graduate students.
2019 Keynote Speakers:
|Sue Black, OBE, Computer Science Professor, Durham University, England, and author of "Saving Bletchley Park". Read more|
|Lenore Blum, Distinguished Career Professor of Computer Science and Deans’ Professorship in Technology Entrepreneurship, Carnegie Mellon University. Read more|