What: Workshop for Undergraduates in Computer Science
When: October 21-23, 2022
Where: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
This 3 day research-focused workshop aims to improve gender balance in computing research. Undergraduate students from the USA and around the globe are encouraged to explore research. Students will work on exploratory problems in teams led by researchers from industry, academia and other computing related domains.
Participants will be able to:
- meet others who share their curiosity and interest in computer science
- explore the research experience in computing related domains
- work hands-on with researchers
- work in a team to tackle a research problem
- present a poster: great for first timers! Poster page
- broaden understanding of the possibilities of graduate school and the application process
Workshop participants will have a chance to learn about life in graduate school from the perspectives of current graduate students.
Check out the Photo Gallery for OurCS 2022!