Step 2: Transfer Files to a Collection
Once you are issued a collection you will need to transfer your files to it. Follow these steps:
- Use a secure file-transfer protocol (SFTP) program to transfer your files to your collection on the AWPS. The Computing Services Help Center supports SSH Tectia for Windows and Fetch for Mac.
- In order to connect to AWPS, you will need to know:
- Host name: the host name will be publishing.andrew.cmu.edu
- UserID and password: your Andrew userID and password
- Collection name: the name of your collection
- Once you are connected to publishing.andrew.cmu.edu host, use your SFTP program to browse through the list of collections (collections are actually directories on publishing.andrew.cmu.edu) to locate your collection name. Once found, depending on what ftp method you're using, you will double-click or cd into your collection, then copy your files into it.
- After you've successfully transferred your files, you are ready to review and publish your collection.
Note: To back up your website files for safekeeping, connect to the server using the instructions above and transfer the files back to your computer. Archive the files appropriately (e.g., shared storage space, disc, server, etc.).