Thursday, May 31, 2012
Carnegie Mellon Women's Association Announces Summer Events, Leadership TeamThe Carnegie Mellon Women's Association recently announced its leadership team for 2012-2013:
- Maureen Cohon, honorary president
- Pattye Stragar, president
- Pat Schaller, treasurer
- Krista Campbell, co-vice president, programs
- Alexa Hansen, co-vice president, programs
- Sherra Moors, vice president of on-campus membership
- Virginia Schatz, vice president of off-campus membership
- Emily Half, website administrator
Summer activities for the CMWA include a Summer Networking Brown Bag Lunch Series, which is open to members and non-members. The lunches will be noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, June 29, and Tuesday, July 24, at the Danforth Lounge, University Center. Water and dessert will be provided. Send RSVPs to Krista Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CMWA Book Club, Knit & Crochet Club and Cooking Club will continue to meet over the summer. Complete schedules for both clubs are available online at http://www.cmu.edu/cmwa/Clubs/index.html.
Membership in the Association is open to all women associated with the University including faculty, administrators, trustees, and staff or wives/partners and friends of faculty, administrators, trustees, and staff.
Dues are $10 for a yearly membership (July 1 - June 30), and all dues and designated gifts go directly toward CMWA's Annual Scholarship Awards fund. To become a member complete and submit the membership form.