Wednesday, July 27, 2011
FMS Reorganizes To Improve Efficiency and Customer Service
Following a two-year assessment and strategic planning process, Don Coffelt, director of Facilities Management Services (FMS), has announced a reorganization of his unit and several personnel moves to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Ryan Brooks has been named to the newly created position of FMS Logistics and Storeroom Manager and will be dedicated to the FMS warehouse and supply operations. The move aims to improve parts availability, reduce maintenance costs and accelerate the overall repair process.
- Kyle Tomer has been promoted to associate director for Client Services, and will serve as the FMS liaison to the campus community for special events, service center management and service delivery.
- Lenny Libbon has been promoted to assistant director for Central Shops. Libbon and his team will focus on 24x7 operations and major project support. His team includes Glenn Gross and Tom Thornton, who will serve in the new positions of maintenance manager for MEP Trades (HVAC mechanics, electricians and plumbers) and maintenance manager for Structural Trades (carpenters, painters, masons and laborers), respectively.
In addition to the above moves, dedicated maintenance managers and teams have been assigned to specific zones to foster and improve working relationships between FMS personnel, facility coordinators and building occupants.
- George Papuga has been promoted to maintenance manager for the Craig Street Zone, which includes the Pittsburgh Technology Center on Second Avenue, Mellon Institute, the Software Engineering Institute, the National Robotics Engineering Center in Lawrenceville and 300 South Craig St.
- Joe Vanyo and his team will continue to provide support to housing facilities including the "Hill" dorms, the residence halls located north of Forbes Avenue, Resnik/West Wing and Donner House.
- John Duvall and his team will be supporting the West Campus Zone, including Cyert and Warner halls, the Gates and Hillman centers, and Wean, Doherty, Hamerschlag and Scaife halls.
- Ralph Hilbert and his team will support the East Campus Zone, including the Purnell Center, the College of Fine Arts, the University Center, Margaret Morrison Carnegie Hall, Skibo Gym, the Tepper School (GSIA/Posner Hall), the Posner Center, Hunt Library, and Baker and Porter halls.
Questions or concerns should be directed to Coffelt at firstname.lastname@example.org.