EducationPh.D., University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
Research interests are in high-energy particle physics and, in particular, in experiments at colliding beam accelerators.
Our Carnegie Mellon group is part of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) collaboration, which has constructed and is operating a massive detector for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). The LHC is a proton-proton colliding beam accelerator at the European accelerator center, CERN, in Geneva, Switzerland http://cms.cern.ch/ and http://public.web.cern.ch/public/. It has reached center-of-mass collision energies of 8 TeV, the highest ever created in an accelerator.
Following the recent discovery of a Higgs boson by the CMS and ATLAS experiments the main goals of CMS include probing the properties of the Higgs boson in detail, and searching for Physics Beyond the Standard Model. Such new physics might manifest itself through supersymmetry, dark-matter candidate particles, or additional quarks and leptons beyond the known three families. This latter aspect of searches is a specific focus of mine.
- V. Khachatryan et al., Search for narrow resonances in dijet final states at √s = 8 TeV with the novel CMS technique of data scouting, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 031802 (2016)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Search for supersymmetry in the multijet and missing transverse momentum final state in pp collisions at 13 TeV, Phys. Lett. B 758, 152 (2016)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Search for a low-mass pseudoscalar Higgs boson produced in association with a b(b)over-bar pair in pp collisions at √s=8 TeV, Phys. Lett. B 758, 296 (2016)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Measurement of spin correlations in t(t)over-bar production using the matrix element method in the muon+jets final state in pp collisions at √s = 8 TeV, Phys. Lett. B 758, 321 (2016)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Search for vector-like T quarks decaying to top quarks and Higgs bosons in the all-hadronic channel using jet substructure, J. High Energ. Phys. 2015, 1007 (2015)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Measurement of J / ψ and ψ ( 2 S ) Prompt Double-Differential Cross Sections in p p Collisions at √s̅ = 7 TeV, Physical Review Letters 114, 191802 (2015)
- V. Khachatryan et al., Measurement of prompt J/ψ pair production in pp collisions at √s = 7 Tev,J. High Energ. Phys. 2014, 1007 (2014)
- The CMS collaboration, Evidence for the direct decay of the 125 GeV Higgs boson to fermions,Nature Physics 10, 557 (2014)
- CMS Collaboration, Measurement of the Υ(1S), Υ(2S), and Υ(3S) cross sections in pp collisions at √ s = 7 TeV, Phys. Lett. B 727, 101 (2013)
- S. Chatrchyan et al., Search for pair produced fourth-generation up-type quarks in pp collisions at with a lepton in the final state, Physics Letters B 718, 307 (2012)
- G. Adams et al., Observation of J/ψ→3γ, Physical Review Letters 101, 101801 (2008)
- R. Briere et al., New measurements of Υ(1S) decays to charmonium final states, Physical Review D 70, 072001 (2004)
- M. Acciarri et al., Measurement of the probability of gluon splitting into charmed quarks in hadronic Z decays, Physics Letters B 476, 243 (2000)