Why Study Rhetoric?
The outstanding interdisciplinary preparation in rhetoric and composition for which CMU is famous opens the door to
- continuing work in English and education more generally
- Ph.D. programs in Rhetoric and Composition across the country
- time and space for inquiry in a collaborative community of students and teachers
CMU's collaborative and interdisciplinary atmosphere invites you to
- explore your interests in rhetorical and cultural studies, composition and teaching, research, technology, and intercultural communication
- expand your options as you chart a path of your own
Looking for the door to academic teaching in rhetoric? See the Ph.D. in Rhetoric program.
Looking for the door to a career in Professional Writing? Please look over our Master of Arts in Professional Writing program as well.