Register for CMU-Alert
All students are preregistered for CMU-Alert, Carnegie Mellon University's emergency notification serivce. Faculty and staff are encouraged to register for CMU-Alert (login required) if they have not already done so. CMU-Alert sends voice and/or text messages to your registered phone in the event of a campus emergency.
Your contact information will be treated confidentially. You will be contacted by the CMU-Alert service only if there is an incident/event that threatens public safety or during tests of the system in the spring and fall semesters.
Note that the text and voice options may carry a nominal fee for recipients, depending on your mobile phone carrier and mobile phone plan. Questions or concerns about the service can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on registering for CMU-Alert is available on the Environmental Health & Safety website.
Register for CMU-Alert today!
Help ensure the safety and well-being of the CMU community.
University Police: 412-268-2323 | Ethics Hotline: 1-877-700-7050
Download the CMU Mobile Alert App
The CMU Mobile Alert App is a free iPhone and Android mobile app for students, faculty staff and parents. It was developed to provide:
- Emergency procedures and guidance for 21 different emergencies;
- Information regarding crimes and crime prevention;
- Links to important Carnegie Mellon websites;
- Interactive maps that provide information about locations of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs);
- Automatic dialing for University Police, Safety Escorts and 911.