Attention Faculty and Staff:
Update Your Telephone Information To Receive Texts From CMU-Alert
Many CMU-Alert text message subscribers did not receive their text message during the April test of the CMU-Alert system. It is believed that the majority of these failures are a result of our new CMU–Alert service provider, e2Campus, needing mobile phone carrier information in addition to phone numbers.
Therefore, Environmental Health & Safety is asking all faculty and staff who subscribe to the CMU-Alert text message service to follow the steps below to update your telephone information.
Please update your information. A re-test of the system will be conducted later this summer.
Here's how to update your telephone information:
- Click on the Faculty and Staff ONLY CMU-Alert-Register link on the right.
- Under the "Services" tab in orange, review your telephone number. If your carrier is incorrect or set to "default," you will need to change your record.
To update your information:
- Enter your new mobile number;
- Select a carrier;
- Click "add SMS";
- Our CMU-Alert vendor, e2Campus, will send a validation code to your mobile device; (Please note that there is more than one option for some telephone carriers; if you don't receive a validation code, please try the other option. If you still don't receive a validation code, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.)
- Enter this code and click validate;
- Finally, delete the old number;
- Also, please verify your campus group under the "Groups" tab in orange.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation. If you need assistance, please send email to email@example.com.
Register for CMU-Alert
All members of the Carnegie Mellon community are encouraged to register for CMU-Alert (login required). CMU-Alert sends voice and/or text messages to your registered phone in the event of a campus emergency.
Your contact information will be treated confidentially. You will be contacted by the CMU-Alert service only if there is an incident/event that threatens public safety or during tests of the system in the spring and fall semesters.
Note that the text and voice options may carry a nominal fee for recipients, depending on your mobile phone carrier and mobile phone plan. Questions or concerns about the service can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on registering for CMU-Alert is available on the Environmental Health & Safety website.
Register for CMU-Alert today!
Help ensure the safety and well-being of the CMU community.
University Police: 412-268-2323 | Ethics Hotline: 1-877-700-7050
Download the CMU Mobile Alert App
The CMU Mobile Alert App is a free iPhone and Android mobile app for students, faculty staff and parents. It was developed to provide:
- Emergency procedures and guidance for 21 different emergencies;
- Information regarding crimes and crime prevention;
- Links to important Carnegie Mellon websites;
- Interactive maps that provide information about locations of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs);
- Automatic dialing for University Police, Safety Escorts and 911.
Download the iPhone app. | Download the Android app. |Download the CMU Mobile Alert App flyer for your department bulletin board.