Register for CMU-Alert
CMU-Alert is Carnegie Mellon's emergency notification service, which sends voice and/or text messages to your registered phone in the event of a campus emergency.
All students are pre-registered for CMU-Alert. Faculty and staff are encouraged to register for the service (login required) if they have not already done so. You can register by clicking on the link in the box to the right.
Your contact information will be treated confidentially. You will be contacted by the CMU-Alert service only if there is an incident/event that threatens public safety or during tests of the system in the spring and fall semesters.
Note that the text and voice options may carry a nominal fee for recipients, depending on your mobile phone carrier and mobile phone plan. Questions or concerns about the service can be emailed to email@example.com.
More information on registering for CMU-Alert is available on the Environmental Health & Safety website.
Register for CMU-Alert today!
Help ensure the safety and well-being of the CMU community.
University Police: 412-268-2323 | Ethics Hotline: 1-877-700-7050
In Weather Emergencies ....
When tornado warnings and severe weather alerts are issued for lightning, high winds or hail, take action immediately.
- Move indoors and go to the lowest floor;
- Stay away from windows and doors; and
- Stay there until the warning/alert has been lifted.
For up-to-date warnings and alerts, tune in to local television and radio reports and go to the National Weather Service in Pittsburgh.
Download the CMU Alert App
The CMU Mobile Alert App is a free iPhone and Android mobile app for students, faculty staff and parents. It was developed to provide:
- Emergency procedures and guidance for 21 different emergencies;
- Information regarding crimes and crime prevention;
- Links to important Carnegie Mellon websites;
- Interactive maps that provide information about locations of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs);
- Automatic dialing for University Police, Safety Escorts and 911.