Build a News Index
The News Index serves as a directory of News Articles. Articles feed into the index based on the options you select. The News Index allows for a hero, sidebar and additional content areas.
Create the Page
- Select the folder in the asset tree where your news articles are saved.
- Select New > News > News Index (menu bar).
- Complete the required information:
- System Name - type the file name to be displayed in the asset tree and the live web address. See Best Practices for more on selecting a system name.
- Title - type the page name to be displayed in the navigation.
- Description - type a summary of the page content.
- Hide from Navigation - select yes to hide the current page in the navigation.
News Index and Grid Details
Determine which articles display on the page.
- Browse to select a social media image if different from the default.
- Add an optional hero.
- Include a summary for featured in the Intro Text.
- Select yes to add a sidebar with links and select a style for Jump Menu.
- Select an option for What to show.
- All News – displays all news articles in the folder with the news index (30 max).
- Pick Articles – displays news articles you choose.
- By Category – displays news articles you choose from a category.
- RSS – pulls articles from a published RSS feed.
- Select the number of columns to display. Select the number rows (All News) to display initially. “Load more articles” shows if there are more rows to display.
- Add a heading and grid ID for the section. These are used to create the Jump Menu, if selected.
- Select a style for the grid, a background image is optional.
- Complete the fields for the news type you selected: All News, Pick Articles, By Category or RSS.
Choose to include Image, Date and Article Summary from the news article.
- Browseto select a feature article.
- Choose to include Image, Date and Article Summary from the news article.
- Click + to add more articles.
Select the category of news to display in this grid. Hold CTRL (Windows) or Command (Mac) and click to select multiple categories.
Type the published URL for the RSS feed.
Choose to open in a New Window.
Choose to include Images, Publication Date and Article Summary from the news article.
Select the maximum number of Articles to Display from the feed.