Build a Bio Page
A Bio page contains detailed biographical information about a person. Bio pages work with the Bio Index which serves as a directory. Bio pages offer the following elements:
- Pre-styled biography details
- WYSIWIYG areas for education, research, projects and publications
- Hero (photo, silent video or news article)
- Additional content area
Create the Page
Select the folder in the asset tree where you want the bio page.
- Select New > Bio > Bio (menu bar).
- Complete the required information:
- System Name - type the file name to be displayed in the asset tree and the live web address. See Best Practices for more on selecting a system name.
- Title - type the person's name.
- Description - type a summary of the page content.
- Hide from Navigation - select yes to hide the current page in the navigation.
- Add an optional Hero.
- Complete the Bio and Content elements.
Complete the Bio Information
Complete the Bio fields below. Fields that are required are starred in the CMS interface.
Syndication feeds information from the Bio Page to the Bio Index. This section is optional. The Bio Index will display minimal information (i.e., name, title, placeholder image) if the fields are not completed.
- Summary – short description of the individual; displays on the Bio Index.
- Image - browse and navigate to the person’s image (800x800).
- Social Media Image - browse to a social media image if different from the one selected for Image.
Name, Image, Title and Contact
Complete Name, Image, Title and Contact Information. Specific fields are detailed below.
CMU Indicia College - select the CMU college of graduation, if applicable.
- Image - check yes to use the syndication image.
- Make high resolution – browse to a high-resolution image (150 dpi, jpg format) This image may be downloaded for printable materials.
Use categories to selectively display bios on the Bio Index page (i.e., Alumni, Faculty, College, etc.). Hold CTRL (Windows) or Command (Mac) and click to select multiple categories.
- Type a new category into the Custom Category list box. To add multiple categories, use a semicolon to separate the items.
- Click Submit.
Note: It may take up to five minutes to display in the Page Categories for your site. Added categories will be applied to the current bio. Edit the bio and deselect any categories you don't want associated with it.
Links and WYSIWYG Areas
- Link to the person’s website or social media. Select Open in New Window for external links. Click + to add another link. Links display in a sidebar.
- Add detailed biographical information for Bio (required), Education, Research, Projects and Publications.