Selected Papers and Presentations by CMU/DMI members
- A Pragmatic Approach to Smart Workspaces for Crisis Management, Art Botterell and Martin L. Griss, ISCRAM 2012.
- Crowd Sentiment Detection during Disasters and Crises, Ahmed Nagy and Jeannie Stamberger, ISCRAM 2012.
- Toward the Next Generation of Emergency Operations Systems, Art Botterell and Martin L. Griss, ISCRAM 2011.
- TRIAGE: Applying Context to Improve Timely Delivery of Critical Data in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks for Disaster Response, Faisal B. Luqman, 2011.
- Semantic Geotagging: A Location-Based Hypermedia Approach to Creating Situational Awareness, Ray Bareiss, Steven Rosenberg, Martin L. Griss and Yu Zhang, MobiCASE 2011.
- SensorFly: Controlled-mobile Sensing Platform for Indoor Emergency Response Applications, Aveek Purohit, Zheng Sun, Frank Mokaya and Pei Zhang, MobiSys, April 2011.
- OmniSense: A Collaborative Sensing Framework for User Context Recognition Using Mobile Phones, HengTze Cheng, Senaka Buthpitiya, FengTso Sun and Martin L. Griss, ACM HotMobile, 2010.
- Overseer: A Mobile Context-Aware Collaboration and Task Management System for Disaster Response, Faisal B. Luqman and Martin L. Griss, C5 2010.
- Leveraging Mobile Context for Effective Collaboration and Task Management in Disaster Response, Faisal B. Luqman and Martin L. Griss, 2010.
- Tweak the Tweet: Leveraging Microblogging Proliferation with a Prescriptive Syntax to Support Citizen Reporting, Kate Starbird and Jeannie Stamberger, ISCRAM 2010.
- Talk by Robert Dolci, NASA DART (slides)
Events and Conferences
- DMI 2011 Workshop
- DMI 2010 Workshop on Disaster Management and Emergency Service
- C5 2010: The Eighth International Conference
- Random Hacks of Kindness, Disaster Relief Codejam
- Slides from the DMI team
- Video of GGSN talk.
Alcatel-Lucent Innovation Day - Jan. 20, 2011
DMI participated in ALU Innovation Day
- How-to-Guide for LTE in Public Safety (.pdf)
- Ultimate Wireless Broadband Solution for Public Safety, Enabling Flexible Business Models White Paper (.pdf)
- Ultimate Wireless Broadband End-to-end Solution for LTE, Public Safety Brochure (.pdf)
- Long Term Evolution (LTE) for Public Safety Enabling Flexible Business Models White Paper (.pdf)
- Alexandria Police Department video
San Bruno Fire Technical Debrief
The CMUSV's Disaster Management Initiative is pleased to release the San Bruno Fire Technical Debrief in concert with the November 5, 2010 BACSPP Meta-leadership conference discussing the San Bruno fire. The report is the first of its kind, documenting the use of technology during disasters, including the novel recruitment and use of volunteer mappers by emergency managers in incident command. The report also documents the next steps to solve identified issues. The DMI will lead a collaborative effort to implement and test solutions.