Master of Science in Information Technology
Carnegie Mellon's Information Networking Institute (INI) offers three bicoastal master's programs:
- Information Technology - Mobility (MSIT-MOB)
- Prepares students to be at the forefront of the converged mobile/Internet regime with a multidisciplinary curriculum spanning both technical and business topics in mobile applications, services and devices.
- Information Technology - Information Security (MSIT-IS)
- Prepares students to become leaders in information security by blending education in information security technology with other topics essential for the effective development and management of secure information systems.
- Information Technology - Software Management (MSIT-SM)
- Prepares software engineers and project managers for leadership roles in software product management.
Each specialization offers a distinct curriculum, allowing students to gain an in-depth knowledge in these areas, all of which are in high demand throughout the industry. The three programs are also complemented by business electives and practical experience gained from real world projects, setting students apart from their competition during the job search.
These three outstanding programs provide students with a solid technical foundation, along with strategic thinking and management skills to prepare them for leadership roles in technology. Graduates work for some of the top employers and organizations in the information technology industry. While some graduates go on to lead projects in software engineering or security consulting, others build upon their business and policy acumen to take executive and entrepreneurial roles in the IT industry. Goldman Sachs, Google, Morgan Stanley, Microsoft and Oracle are just a few employers who recruit INI students, while other INI graduates have gone on to form such companies as MindMatrix and Schell Games.
Please note all applications for MSIT programs are processed through the INI website.