The Internal Communications team — Bruce Gerson, Heidi Opdyke and Kelly Solman — works to keep the Carnegie Mellon community informed about what's happening on campus through several print and online publications and Web sites.
The team hustles to post news, notes and events on
- The Piper website, the Carnegie Mellon News Source for Faculty & Staff, the online events calendar,
- The Web Portal (you'll need an Andrew ID and password here)
- The official.cmu-news and cmu.misc.news bulletin boards. To subscribe to the bulletin boards, visit http://www.cmu.edu/computing/doc/email/webmail/bboards.html Like the Web Portal, you must have an Andrew ID and password to access the bulletin boards.
- Twitter @CMUpiper
- Facebook http://bit.ly/CMUnewsFacebook
- The team produces a newsletter, called "The 8.5 x 11 News," which is published and distributed every Thursday and is available exclusively online and in email. To receive a copy in your email each week — a "green" way to stay posted — visit https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/mailman/listinfo/cmu-news.
- The Piper is published nine times during the academic year and is distributed to all faculty and staff via campus mail. If you don't currently receive one, please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Select stories from the Piper appear online and may include multimedia features, including slideshows, videos and other entertaining components.
Keep Us Posted
If you have news we can use — an event, announcement, news item or story idea for our consideration — please drop us a line. (For "The 8.5 x 11 News," we'll need the information by 2 p.m. Monday.)