Masters in Computational Finance
Carnegie Mellon's MSCF program is a global leader for applied quantitative finance coursework
our 15 faculty members offer the math, finance, statistics and computer science you will need for success in quantitative finance
Discover the MSCF Difference
For 23 years, Carnegie Mellon’s interdisciplinary, top-ranked Master of Science in Computational Finance program has prepared students for highly successful careers in quantitative finance.
UNIQUE FOUR-COLLEGE JOINT VENTURE
Faculty from four CMU colleges give you deep knowledge of the math, statistics and coding underlying today’s financial markets.
DEDICATED CAREER SERVICES
Gain access to top recruiters, valuable resources and personalized support from MSCF’s full-service career office.
MSCF Career Office
MSCF’s integrated curriculum gives you the hands-on skills required by top employers for success in the evolving financial industry.
STRONG ALUMNI NETWORK
Benefit from MSCF’s network of 1,400 alumni for that first job and valuable future connections for continued advancement.
four consecutive times by QuantNet
dedicated to helping students succeed
receive an offer within 3 months of graduating
including 30 sell-side banks recruit from MSCF
News & Events
- MSCF Plans New York Campus Updates to Meet the Needs of Students
- CMU Takes First Place in Putnam Math Competition; Three Students in Top Five for the First Time in University History
- American Banker and Bank Technology News: Interview with MSCF's Steve Shreve, John Lehoczky and Rick Bryant to discuss the evolution of quants in the workplace.
- QuantStart: MSCF Co-Founder, Steve Shreve, Discusses Career Paths in Quantitative Finance.
- 5 Questions with MSCF Professor Bill Hrusa of Carnegie Mellon University
- B-School Master’s: Spotlight On Carnegie Mellon's MSCF Program's interdisciplinary approach and the finance industry's demand for quants.