Security 101 Training and Awareness Program
Security 101 content was developed by Carnegie Mellon's Information Security Office to raise the University's faculty and staff awareness about protecting institutional data as well as any information systems that store, process or transmit institutional data.
You can access the content through the Open Learning Initiative (OLI) course delivery platform, and by taking the following steps:
- Visit OLI access page at https://oli.web.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/welcome.do
- Under Carnegie Mellon at the top left corner, click on "CMU users sign in here" link, which will direct you to WebISO login authentication page
- Enter your Andrew user ID and password to access OLI
- For first time users, you will be asked to create an account profile
- Once you submit your account profile information, you will be directed to register for a course. Look for the "Register for a course" field and enter course key "sec101" and then click on the "GO" button
- After the course is listed under "My Courses", click on the "Enter Course" link to begin reviewing the course
- Once you have completed the Security 101 training content, please provide the ISO with your feedback by responding to a few questions at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XC7L92L
The course "sec101" contains five training modules:
- Safeguarding Institutional Data
- Security Risks
- Secure Your Computer
- Security Breach and Notification
You can pace your training by completing one module a day, or by completing the entire course in approximately one hour.
If you have any question about the Security 101 training program, or if you have difficulties accessing the course, please contact the ISO at email@example.com.