1. THE CARD: You must present your own ID Card in order to purchase products or services. The ID Card can be used at all participating locations on and off campus. The ID Card is the property of Carnegie Mellon University (the University) and is non-transferable. The ID Card may be deactivated and retained by a Carnegie Mellon University official when presented by any cardholder making inappropriate or illegal use of it. Misuse, alteration or destruction of the ID Card may result in disciplinary action.
2. ACCOUNT NATURE: Plaid Cash enables you to use your ID Card at all participating locations on and off campus. Funds on this account are deposited at your discretion. Carnegie Mellon has established a maximum deposit amount of $2,000. Plaid Cash acts as a debit card and is not a credit card. The University accepts and holds funds prepaid by you for your sole benefit. The University shall apply these funds to any purchase of goods made through the use of Plaid Cash.*
3. ACCOUNT ACCESS: Once funds are deposited into the Plaid Cash account, any remaining balance will carry over from semester to semester and year to year, as long as you are actively affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University. No funds may be transferred from Plaid Cash to the Dining Service Meal Plans or vice versa. Plaid Cash funds may not be used to obtain cash or cash advances under any circumstances. There is no limit on the number of purchases that can be made using Plaid Cash, as long as your account balance has sufficient funds to meet the purchase costs. Restitution is required for overdrafts on your account resulting from off-line transactions. No interest or other earnings will be paid to you or credited by the University.*
4. ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Carnegie Mellon University reserves the right to close any account that is inactive for more than twelve (12) months. Plaid Cash accounts will be closed automatically twelve (12) months after you cease to be a University student or employee. Accounts that are closed by the University will have all remaining funds forfeited to the University, unless a Plaid Cash refund request is made by the account holder. View the Plaid Cash Refund Policy.
5. RECEIPTS AND STATEMENTS: Point-of-sale terminals are equipped to provide a receipt for each transaction. It is your responsibility to ensure that the receipt is correct and to secure the receipt. You may view detailed account transaction activity by visiting Student Information Online.
6. LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED CARDS: You agree to immediately report a lost or stolen ID Card by visiting Student Information Online or contacting The HUB. You are responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards. In order to receive a replacement ID Card, you must go to The HUB during business hours to have a new card printed. A $25 replacement fee applies for all lost ID Cards. Once a new ID Card has been created, your old ID Card will be invalid, and if found cannot be reactivated.
7. REFUNDS AND MERCHANDISE RETURNS: Merchandise may be accepted for return, in accordance with the refund policy in effect, at the place of purchase of the product(s) or service(s). Any refund(s) shall be credited to your Plaid Cash account. No cash refund(s) will be made for any purchases with the ID Card. Refunds of Plaid Cash account funds are only permitted upon: student suspension, expulsion, graduation, withdrawal, and voluntary or involuntary employment termination. All accounts will be closed before a refund is granted. A refund request form must be completed before a refund is processed. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed for processing refunds. View the Plaid Cash Refund Policy.
8. ERROR RESOLUTIONS: If you believe your account has been charged in error, either due to an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if you would like specific transaction information, you must contact The HUB within 30 days of the error, either in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The HUB will conduct an investigation of the request and provide a written response within 20 business days. If the error is validated, The HUB will make the necessary adjustments to your Plaid Cash account.
ID Card and Plaid Cash Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
*Note: Plaid Cash cannot be used to pay for items listed on the student's Carnegie Mellon University student account invoice (i.e. tuition).