Install Symantec (Mac)
IMPORTANT: Remove ALL other anti-virus software. See the vendor's instructions for help.
Follow the steps below to download and install Symantec Endpoint Protection. Please complete ALL three steps to ensure your computer is properly protected.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac.
- Double-click the Symantec-12.1.2.dmg file and then the Symantec Endpoint Protection.pkg installer file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the application. If prompted, enter an Administrator username and password. This is Administrator account for the computer you are using.
- When installation is complete, you will be prompted to Logout and your computer will restart.
>>> IMPORTANT: You may want to print these instructions before your computer restarts. Or, return to this page to continue with the installation instructions. <<<
Step 2: Complete the Installation
- After your computer restarts, LiveUpdate will run, downloading the latest application updates and virus definition file.
- Do one of the following:
- If prompted, install Java runtime.
Click Install, agree to the Apple Software license agreement and then select Symantec logo >LiveUpdate > Update everything now.
- If you are not prompted, Java is installed. Continue to step 3.
- It may take some time to run LiveUpdate, please be patient. Click OK when LiveUpdate completes.
Step 3: Scan Your Computer
- Select Symantec logo > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Be sure Scan within Compressed Archives is checked and then click Scan.
- Browse to the computer's hard drive and then click Select.
- The scan will take some time to run.
- Click Close when complete.
Last Updated: 4/15/13