This document will get you started using Outlook 2011 to send email. These instructions begin after Outlook 2011 (Mac) has been setup. For additional help using Outlook 2011, please refer to the application help or online resources.
This document contains the following sections:
Note: For help with addressing messages and working with contacts, see Addressing.
To add a file to your email message, follow these steps:
- Open a new message window.
- Click Attach, select the file and then Open.
- Complete the message and click Send.
A paperclip icon is displayed when you receive an email message with an attachment. You can choose to open the attachment or save it and open it later.
Sent and deleted messages are saved to the folder you selected during setup.
Permanently Delete a Message
Select your deleted mail folder. Next, select the message and click Delete.To set "automatic" delete options, select Tools > Accounts and then click Advanced.
Restore a Deleted Item
Select your deleted mail folder and drag the message to the Inbox or another folder.
- Select Outlook > Preferences. The Outlook Preferences window displays.
- Double-click Signatures. In the Signature window, do one of the following:
- Select an existing signature (e.g., Standard).
- Click the "+" icon.
- Enter your signature text.
- Click Default Signatures, to set a default signature.From the Default signature drop-down select a signature and then click OK.
- Close the Signatures window and click Save.
Last Updated: 2/22/12