Setup Outlook 2010
Once you have installed Outlook 2010, follow the steps below to automatically configure your profile using Autodiscover.
- If Outlook is running, close the program.
- Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
Windows 7: Select Start > Settings -or- Control Panel.
Windows 8: Select All apps > Control Panel
- Depending on your viewing preferences, do ONE of the following:
- Select User Accounts > Mail.
- Select Mail.
- If you have not previously opened Outlook or created a profile on your computer, you may be prompted to create a new profile. Follow the wizard and then skip to Step 8.
- If you are not prompted to create a new profile, select Email Accounts.
- The Email Accounts window appears. Click New.
- The Choose Service window appears. Click E-mail Account. Click Next.
- The Auto Account Setup window appears. Enter Your Name and your full email address (e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). DO NOT enter your password.
- Click Next.
- Outlook will begin configuring your profile.
Note: If the Autodiscover is unavailable, the message "Problem Connecting to Server" will display. Click Retry. If it fails again, check the Manually configure server settings checkbox and follow the instructions for Configuring Outlook Manually.
- The Internet E-mail window is displayed. The User Name field will contain your Andrew user ID in all lower-case letters (e.g., juser). Type your password in the Password field and click OK. DO NOT check the Save this password in your password list check box.
- When the configuration is complete the following will display:
- Click Finish. You will be prompted to log in.
Note: During this initial log in, Outlook may pause for a few moments as it acquires necessary b-board information from the server. This delay only occurs during the initial log in.
- If you are prompted to synchronize RSS feeds, click the option you want.
- If you are prompted to set Privacy Options, check the option(s) you want and click OK.
Note: If you are unable to connect to the server, see Troubleshooting.
Optional Setup Steps
To ensure that your email is secure, follow these additional security steps:
Last Updated: 09/19/2012