Set Spam Filter Options
Our campus email system automatically identifies some spam through certain characteristics (e.g., information in the "Subject" and "From" line of the message). To change the default spam filter options:
- Visit emailtools.cmu.edu/.
- Select Spam Settings and follow the on-screen steps.
- Turn OFF spam filtering.
You WILL RECEIVE ALL email including spam.
- Turn ON spam filtering and discard spam.
Email that is scored as spam AND mail YOU designate as spam will be discarded. This option is on when your Andrew account is created. If you have addresses listed in the spam filter's "Accept Mail" list, DO NOT use this option.
- Turn ON spam filtering and store spam in the spam mailbox you designate.
Email that is scored as spam AND mail YOU designate as spam will be stored in the designated mailbox (folder). Email from addresses that are included in the "Accept Mail" list WILL be delivered to you. This option is NOT available if you have mail forwarding turned on.
Accept and Filter Mail Lists
Note: These options are NOT available if you have mail forwarding turned on.
- The Accept Mail List allows you to identify email addresses or domains that you want to accept mail from even if the campus email system would normally filter the mail. The mail that is received from the addresses or domains on the Accept Mail List will be delivered to your INBOX. IMPORTANT: The Accept Mail list is NOT REFERENCED when the option to DISCARD SPAM is selected.
- The Filter Mail List allows you to specify email addresses and domains that you NEVER want to accept mail from. Mail received from email addresses or domains on the Filter list will automatically be stored or discarded depending on the filter option that you selected. Note: The Accept list always takes precedence over the Filter list.
If you are receiving spam and your spam filter options are configured, follow the steps on the Report Spam page.