The In-Tray is where you receive and manage Entries from other users. The In-Tray also contains a list of Entries you sent to others. The In-Tray may be the first display you see when you launch Andrew Calendar. To access your In-Tray at other times, follow these steps:
- Click In-Tray, or select File > Open In-tray. A display similar to the following appears.
When you open your In-tray, you will see a folder labeled with your name. If you have opened other Agendas as a Designate, folders will also appear labeled with their names. For more information on Designates, see Andrew Calendar: Working as a Designate.
Note: By default, the In-Tray shows scheduled meetings from the current date through the next month. To change this default, do one of the following:
- Windows: Select Tools > Options, then select the In-tray option on the left. Change your date preferences.
- Mac: Select Oracle Calendar > Preferences, then select the In-tray option on the left. Change your date preferences.
Using In-Tray Folders
Four main folders are displayed on the In-Tray screen. Click on any of the four folders to open them.
- New Entries Contains all Entries to which you have not responded.
- Entries you've accepted Contains Entries you have accepted (i.e., entries you have chosen to attend) and other entries that you have kept in your Agenda.
- Entries you've sent out Contains Entries that you have sent to other users.
- Entries you've refused Contains Entries that you have refused (i.e., entries you have chosen not to attend) and other entries you have removed from your Agenda.
Listing Entry Types
Within the four In-Tray folders you'll find the following types of listings. Icons help you to quickly associate graphics with a listing type.
Daily Note A note that can be entered in your Agenda. Daily Notes do not have a time.
Holiday icon Scheduled yearly holidays.
Agenda Entry Any event that can be scheduled in your Agenda.
Day Event An entry that is valid for an entire day. Day Events do not block out any time in your Agenda's Day View. You can still schedule Agenda Entries for that day.
Recurring Entry An entry (either an Agenda Entry, Daily Note, A Day Event, or a Holiday) that is scheduled for multiple times.
Holidays, Day Events and Notes
When viewing Holidays, Day Events and Notes, you will have the option to select whether or not you want to keep the Entry in your Agenda.
Note: All new users will see the official Carnegie Mellon holidays listed as New Entries. These days are entered as system-wide defaults. To place them on your calendar, you'll need to select and move them into your Entries you've accepted folder. The advantage to accepting the holidays is that those dates will be automatically skipped when scheduling repeating meetings. The accepted holidays also appear on your calendar via the candle icon.
Open Agenda through the In-tray
Through the In-tray, you can open your Agenda entry to the Daily page on which the selected Entry appears. Follow these steps:
- With the In-tray open, select the entry you want to locate on an Agenda page.
- Select Tools > Find Meeting. The appropriate agenda page appears.
Working with In-Tray Entries
Follow these notes when working with In-Tray Entries:
- To View more about an Entry, double-click on it. If the Entry is a Meeting that you proposed, the Edit Meeting dialog box appears. If it's a Meeting that you did not propose, the View Meeting dialog box appears.
- Recurring Entries are entries that are scheduled for multiple times. Double-click a Recurring Entry or click its icon to view a list of all associated dates. Double-click individual dates to call up the same dialog boxes as for regular Entries.
- You can quickly respond or perform other actions to an Entry from the In-Tray. First, select the Entry then do one of the following:
- On Windows, right-click on the entry.
- On a Mac, press Control then click on the entry
Note: If the entry is a recurring meeting, you'll need to double-click to on the entry to display all of the recurring meetings, then select the specific meeting.
- A menu similar to the following appears. Select the action you wish to perform.
Moving Entries in the In-Tray
You can easily move entries from one folder to another using drag and drop functionality. This feature is useful for responding to meetings from the In-Tray level. In other words, simply drag and drop the appropriate meeting from the New Entries group to the Entries you've accepted group. Follow these steps:
- Click on the item you wish to move and keep the mouse button depressed.
- Drag the item to the desired folder. The appropriate changes are made to your Agenda automatically.
Note: Once you have replied to an Entry, your Agenda puts it in the appropriate In-tray folder as an Entry you have either accepted or refused.
- To select and move multiple Entries at once, use the Shift and Control keys (Windows) or the Command key (Mac).
Last Updated: 3/30/11