Follow the steps in each section below to begin using the videoconference system in Gates 4307, Giant Eagle or Steinberg auditoriums. These auditoriums have the current standard classroom technologies AND resident IP videoconferencing capabilities. Steinberg is also equipped with Conference Mics and a presenter camera (i.e., a camera that faces towards the lectern area).
Turn on the Projectors
Both projectors MUST be turned on to use videoconferencing. To turn on the projectors, select Both Projectors On from the initial screen. The projector screens will lower automatically. Use the wall switch to manually lower the projector screens.
Note: If you have chosen only one projector (Left or Right), use the projector tabs to turn on the other projector. For example, to turn on the left projector, select the Left Projector tab and touch Turn Projector On.
Select Lighting Scene
The buttons for lighting control are in the lower right corner of the touch screen. You can chose from:
- Scene 1- Turns on all the lights in the room.
- Scene 2- Turns on the lights over students' desks. *This is the best lighting option for projection.
- Scene 3- Turns on the "spot" presenter lights. These lights are typically used during video taping.
- Scene 4- Turns on just the aisle lights.
Select the Device
- From each projector tab, select the device you would like to display (e.g., Desktop, Laptop, Doc Camera). The device will display locally.
For information on using these devices see the Help Documentation main page.
Turn on Video Conference
From each projector tab, turn on Video Conference following these steps:
- On the touch screen, select the Left Projector tab.
- Next, choose Video Conference.
- In the Video Conference Control area, select Primary Image.
- Next, select the Right Projector tab and choose Video Conference. In the Video Conference Control area, select Secondary Image.
Note: You can choose this option however, the remote site may not have the ability to display a dual image.
Turn on DUO mode.
DUO mode sends BOTH video and content (e.g., Document Camera, Laptop, Desktop) to the remote site, if it is available.
- Select the Video Conference tab and then DUO Mode.
Note: DVD can not be sent to the remote site. Motion pictures are distorted when sent via videoconferencing.
Select the presenter, right or left camera.
- On the Video Conference tab, in the Device to display area, select the camera. In DUO mode, the camera image along with the primary image will be sent to the remote location (e.g., Left Camera AND Desktop, Right Camera AND Laptop, etc.).
Call the Remote Site
Follow the steps below, to call the remote site. You will need the IP Address for the site you are calling.
- On the touch screen, select the Video Conference tab and then Make A Call.
- Enter the IP Address and touch the "green phone" button to connect.
Last Updated: 8/26/09