Using Surround Sound with an External Media Device
To use the surround sound feature with an external media device (e.g., Blu-Ray player, iPod, etc.) follow the steps below. For help getting started with the classroom equipment, see the Large Classroom / Auditorium documentation.
- Bring the device and appropriate cable to the classroom.
- Connect the device to the auxiliary input panel:
- RCA cable - connect the yellow cable to the Pb jack (below COMPONENT VIDEO). connect the white to the AUDIO LEFT jack (white), and the red into AUDIO RIGHT (red).
- Component Video cable - connect green to Y, blue to Pb and red to Pr and then, the audio cables into the red and white AUDIO jacks.
- Coaxial digital cable - connect to the Digital jack.
- Toslink cable - connect to the Toslink jack.
Note: For detailed steps on connecting a specific device to the auxiliary input panel see the Large Classroom / Auditorium documentation.
- If your device is connected using a Toslink OR Coaxial digital cable continue to step 4. Otherwise, touch Aux (Video) Inputs and then touch one of the
- COMPOSITE VIDEO (VCR) - Sound from Composite - RCA cable (yellow, white and
- Component Video - component video cable (blue, green, red, plus audio
- Touch Surround Sound Set Up (below the volume controls).
- Continue to step 6 if your device is NOT connected using a Toslink OR Coaxial digital cable. Otherwise, do one of the following:
- Toslink cable - touch TOSLINK.
- Coaxial digital cable - touch DIGITAL.
- Touch Audible Sub Woofers. If desired, touch Tactile Transducers to use the tactile sound option.
The appropriate decoding option will automatically be detected and displayed. To manually override this setting, touch the desired surround sound decoding option (e.g., Dolby, DTS, DSP, etc.)
- Touch Close Surround Sound Settings Window to close the window and return to the device and sound controls.
- Control the volume using the touch panel.
- When finished, touch Quit System and log off the computer.
Last Updated: 3/30/11