Build a Short Bio
A Short Bio features multiple people on a single page. This page type is useful as a contact page. It offers the following page elements:
- Pre-styled biography details
- Hero (photo, silent video or news article)
- Additional content area
Create the Page
Select the folder in the asset tree where you want the short bio page.
- Select New > Bio > Short Bio (menu bar).
- Complete the required information:
- System Name - type the file name to be displayed in the asset tree and the live web address. See Best Practices for more on selecting a system name.
- Title - type the page name to be displayed in the navigation.
- Description - type a summary of the page content.
- Hide from Navigation - select yes to hide the current page in the navigation.
- Complete the Short Bio, Person and Content elements.
Add Short Bio Information (optional)
Add Person Bio Information
- Complete the Person section. Specific fields are detailed below. Fields that are required are starred in the CMS interface.
- Image- browse and navigate to the person’s image (800x800).
- Make high resolution (optional) - browse to a high-resolution image (150dpi, jpg format) This image may be downloaded for printable materials.
- CMU Indicia College - select the CMU college of graduation, if applicable.
- Person Links - link to the individual's website or social media. Select Open in New Window for external links. Click + to add another link. Links display in a sidebar.
- Bio - WYSIWYG for biographical information. Select the Collapse checkbox to make the Bio area expand/collapse.
- Click + to add another Person section.