Applying Your Benefits-Veterans & Military Community - Carnegie Mellon University

Applying Your Benefits

Eligibility for Veterans' Education Benefits is managed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and can be accessed through the VA GI Bill web site.

After the Certificate of Eligibility is received from the VA, follow the steps outlined at Veterans Education Benefits to apply the benefits at Carnegie Mellon University.

Enrolled students receiving Veterans' Education Benefits must confirm their desire to apply their benefits using the Veterans Educational Benefits Information Form.  This must be done:

  • At the beginning of each semester, prior to the start of classes.
  • If there is a change in your contact information (address, phone number, or e-mail) or if you submit a Change of Name form.

Information and a checklist are available at Information for Veterans Educational Benefits Students.

Veterans and military personnel enrolling or reenrolling in school or repaying federal student loans, see Student Aid Tips for Military and Veterans [pdf]

What veterans need to know about federal student loan benefits [pdf]

financial aid tips