How to Make a Report
You may make a report to the University simply by calling or emailing the Office of Title IX Initiatives at 412-268-7125 or email@example.com. All reports made to the Office of Title IX Initiatives will be taken seriously.
Requests for Confidentiality
If the reporting party requests that the report remain confidential, the University will make all reasonable attempts to comply with this request consistent with and subject to the University’s obligation to respond to reports of this nature.
What Happens After the Report is Made
The Office of Title IX Initiatives will review the report, and reach out to the reporting party to discuss resources and interim support measures, including: a no contact agreement, academic accommodations, work place accommodations, housing accommodations, and other safety and support measures.
The Office of Title IX Initiatives will also discuss options for further investigation and resolution. Interim support measures can be provided regardless of whether the reporting party chooses to pursue resolution.
For more information about how the University handles reports of sexual misconduct, please visit our University Response Page. The University investigation and resolution process for students is also available in a visual schematic format [PDF].
Additional Options for Reporting
You may make a report to the University simply by calling or emailing the Office of Title IX Initiatives at 412-268-7125 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also make a report by contacting any of the individuals or organizations listed below. Please note, all reports made to the individuals/organizations listed below will be shared with the Office of Title IX Initiatives.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Faculty: Amy Burkert, Vice Provost for Education, email@example.com, 412-268-5865, 411 Warner Hall
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Staff: Everett Tademy, Assistant Vice President for Diversity and Equal Opportunity Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-268-1018, 200 Whitfield Hall
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics: Kimberly Kelly, Athletics and Physical Education, email@example.com, 412-268-2193, Skibo Gymnasium
- Office of the Dean of Student Affairs, 412-268-2075, Warner Hall 301
- Office of Community Standards & Integrity, 412-268-2142, Morewood Gardens, Student Life Suite
- Your Housefellow, Community Advisor or Resident Assistant
- Sexual Harassment Advisors - see Appendix A to the University Policy Against Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault
- University Police Department, 412-268-2323, 300 South Craig Street - Filmore Street Entrance
Any member of the campus community may also make reports pertaining to Title IX, and other types of concerns, through the Ethics Reporting Hotline. Students, faculty and staff can anonymously file a report by calling 877-700-7050 or visiting www.reportit.net (user name: tartans; password: plaid). All submissions will be shared with appropriate university personnel. The hotline is NOT an emergency service. For emergencies, call University Police at 412-268-2323.