The University is committed to primary prevention to prevent incidents of sexual misconduct before they occur wherever possible. These efforts include raising awareness, providing education and training programs, and providing campus safety initiatives including police and security patrols. For more information about campus safety initiatives, please visit the University Police Department website.
At the individual level, there are practical strategies for reducing risk of sexual misconduct, but it is important to note that no strategy can fully eliminate the risk of sexual misconduct, and that it is never your fault if you are sexually assaulted or otherwise harmed by sexual misconduct.
Education & Prevention Programming
The Office of Title IX Initiatives is always striving to provide educational and prevention programming throughout the school year. During the summer months, we focus heavily on training members of our community that are on campus in Title IX and our role as an office within the university.
Check out the schedule below for upcoming events & programs as well as to download the most current calendar!
Fall 2019 Programming
Upcoming Events & Programs
- Oct 22 Community Conversations: AAU Survey Results | 4:30pm to 5:30pm @ CUC - Peter/McKenna In February 2019, the University participated in a Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Misconduct as a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). This community conversation will discuss the results of the survey & prevention efforts happening on campus.
- Oct 23 CaPS: Sexual Norms Across Cultures | 12:30pm to 1:3pm @ CUC-Peter/McKenna This interactive discussion will shed light on some of the confusing sexual norms found on college campuses, the broader community and this country. CaPS will identify ways to navigate and respect sexual norms that feel different than ours, while staying true to our own beliefs and values. Ultimately, this workshop will encourage students to begin thinking about their own sexual norms in the context of their culture and community.
- Nov 3 Heath Promotion + PHAs: Sex & Alcohol | 5pm to 6pm @ CUC-Danforth Conference Room Fun Fact - sex under the influence usually leads to bad sex! Let's talk about the side effects alcohol has on the body, what low-risk drinking looks like and how it can effect your sexual activity.
- Nov 7 Green Dot Overview Talk | 2pm to 3pm, RSVP for Location - email@example.com or follow the link below! The Green Dot overview talk is a 1 hour training that introduces the basic elements of bystander intervention as well as some skill building activities to engage participants in immediate action.
- Nov 12 Title IX + CaPS: Finding Your Voice | 5pm to 6pm @ CUC-Danforth Conference Room Title IX and CaPS bring you a joint presentation on assertiveness and communications. This interactive discussion will cover helpful tips, potential barriers and how cultures can play a role in being assertive.
- Nov 13 Community Conversations: AAU Survey Results | 5pm to 6pm @ Tepper Building, Room 5600, Citrone Roome In February 2019, the University participated in a Campus Climate Survey on Sexual Assault and Misconduct as a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). This community conversation will discuss the results of the survey & prevention efforts happening on campus.