Undergraduate Degree Requirements
All students earning a degree from the Undergraduate Economics Program will have completed the following requirements:
- General Education Requirements – These requirements can be found at hss.cmu.edu/gened and are listed on your primary degree’s academic audit. SHS and QSSS students will also need to fulfill their program requirements.
- Major Requirements – These requirements can be found in the University Course Catalog and are listed on your primary degree’s academic audit
- Minor Requirements – These requirements can be found in the University Course Catalog and are listed on your minor degree’s academic audit
- Minimum Unit Requirement – Students graduating with a primary degree awarded by the U/G Economics Program need a minimum of 360 units to graduate. Please check to make certain that the following requirements are considered in tabulating units applied to graduation:
- Repeated Courses. The units from repeated courses may not be double counted. For example, if you have taken a course (e.g., 73-230) and repeated it in a subsequent term, you only earn nine units for the course. Also, you may not receive unit credit in a course for which you earned AP, IB, or transfer credit.
- STUCO and Physical Education Courses. A combined total of nine units from STUCO and Physical Education courses may be applied to the 360 unit graduation requirement.
- Minimum Quality Point Average – Students must have a cumulative QPA of 2.00 in order to graduate from Carnegie Mellon University.
Please realize that diplomas may not be certified until a student completes all of the requirements listed above. Degrees not attained but listed in SIO will prevent certification.
Please check SIO to be certain that your academic and biographical information is correct. If any discrepancies exist, please contact Kathleen Conway (firstname.lastname@example.org).