March 27, 2018
Tuesday Tips: Mapping the Road Ahead
Happy Tuesday, everyone! We are just over two weeks away from Welcome Weekend. I hope that everyone who is attending is as excited as we are!
As we head into the spring and summer, your to-do list to prepare for your arrival will start to grow. As such, I (and our whole staff) want to be a resource for you. So, how can you best prepare for the road ahead?
- Review your admission letter for any specific pre-matriculation requirements you need to meet. Everyone needs to complete the ReVera verification registration by your deposit deadline (don’t worry – you’ll be hearing from us if you still need to do this!), sign up for any required preparatory courses and complete any outstanding items – all listed in your admission letter! You’ll also see the best contact person for each requirement, should you have any questions.
- Check the MBA Countdown website. This is our official vehicle for communication for you. We’ll send some emails along the way, but you’ll want to keep an eye on the Countdown site. This is where you’ll find (among other information) our address for sending your official transcripts (due to us by July 1), the financial aid policy, the academic calendar and the student handbook.
- International students: Download and complete your financial forms and send them to us. We facilitate these forms but you will hear directly from our Office of International Education (OIE) once your I-20 Form has been issued. This can take up to six weeks, so provide your financial forms to us as soon as possible. (P.S.: You can find them on the Countdown site.)
- Attend an onboarding webinar (or several)! Every few weeks, a member of our staff hosts a webinar that focuses on financial aid, student services, career opportunities or the Accelerate Leadership Center. These hour-long virtual presentations will be facilitated by the admissions team but will feature our colleagues in each of the mentioned offices. Their staff will walk you through the steps you need to take to be ready to start BaseCamp in August. Missed a webinar or weren’t able to attend? We’ve got you covered. All of these webinars are recorded and placed on the Countdown site for your benefit.
- Become a Pittsburgher! Whether you are moving here, joining us for Access Weekends or already working in the city, immerse yourself in the city and our culture! If you’re a runner, the Pittsburgh Marathon is in May and if a great chance to see the city! I’d also recommend checking out the baseball schedule, the arts and music performances (take in a show Downtown!) and our awesome restaurants. You will be plenty busy during your time here, but I definitely recommend checking out all Pittsburgh has to offer.