September 10, 2019
Undergraduate Business Rises to #5 in U.S. News Rankings
In its 2020 rankings of colleges, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Tepper School #5 for the Undergraduate Business Administration program, up from #6 in last year’s rankings. Tepper is tied with New York University and University of Texas at Austin for undergraduate business programs. Carnegie Mellon University ranked #25 on the national universities list, unchanged from last year.
The Tepper School was also included in U.S. News specialty rankings and placed Tepper in the top 10 in several areas, including:
- #1 for management information systems (#2 last year)
- #2 for quantitative analysis (no change from last year)
- #6 for production and operations management (#5 last year)
- #7 for finance (#8 last year)
- #9 for supply chain management and logistics (#10 in last year and tied with the University of Texas at Austin)
U.S. News business school rankings are based on a survey of deans and senior faculty members at colleges accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
In a separate ranking of the most innovative schools, Carnegie Mellon placed #7 based on a survey of college presidents, provosts, and admission deans, based on their assessments of how well the university adapts its curricula to remain ahead of the curve.