Meredith Meyer Grelli
Assistant Teaching Professor of EntrepreneurshipDownload Hi-res Photo
- TEP - Remote
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Meredith is an Assistant Professor at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. She is also an Entrepreneur in Residence at Carnegie Mellon University's Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship.
Meredith Meyer Grelli founded, led, and sold two craft beverage companies, Wigle Whiskey and Threadbare Cider & Mead. She is a two time James Beard Semi-Finalist for Outstanding Wine, Spirits, Beer Professional and was named 100 Women to Watch in the US by the Business Times.
She has also founded, led and transitioned three non-profit organizations. In addition to her innovation and entrepreneurship, Meredith is an author, real estate developer, and seed investor with an unsinkable interest in community and economic development.
Before starting Wigle and Threadbare, Meredith worked in brand management at the Kraft Heinz Company, developed redevelopment plans for environmentally distressed properties at a federally funded non-profit, and studied cooking at Le Cordon Bleu Paris. She received her BS from the University of Chicago and her MBA from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University. While she was in graduate school, Meredith co-founded a Pittsburgh urban beekeeping organization and started the nation's first community apiary. She has served a wide variety of non-profit Boards, including as Chair of Visit Pittsburgh. She is currently a member of the Advisory Board of the Carnegie Science Center of Pittsburgh.
- University of Chicago (BS)
- Le Cordon Bleu Paris (Cuisine Diploma)
- Carnegie Mellon University (MBA)
- Whiskey Rebellion & The Rebirth of Rye
(author(s): Mark Meyer, Meredith Meyer Grelli)
Belt Publishing, 2017
Awards and Honors
- James Beard Semi-Finalist for Outstanding Wine, Spirits, Beer Professional (2018 & 2019)
- Imbibe Magazine 75 Beverage Professionals to Watch (2018)
- Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business, Alumna of the Year (2016)
- 100 Women to Watch in the US by the Business Times (2016)
- 75 Professionals to Watch, Imbibe Magazine
- Forte Fellow, Carnegie Mellon MBA Merit Scholar (2008-2010)
- Canfield Roseman Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2010)
- University of Chicago Harold Goettler Prize for best Essay on Political Institutions (2006)