Internet of Things Cyber Security and Privacy
Executive Education Open Enrollment Program
Translate emerging IoT research into actionable business value.
Date: Spring 2020
Location: Carnegie Mellon University
The Internet of Things (IoT) is reaching critical mass in many sectors of the economy, with the prevalence of IoT devices creating significant challenges for the safety, security, reliability, and privacy of consumers and enterprises that use them.
This program will help you assess emerging IoT technologies and current use cases, and translate these into opportunities to create innovative product and service offerings, increase operational efficiencies, reduce risk, and collaborate with ecosystem partners. The program provides a baseline of foundational knowledge, updates on new developments, and engagement on the potential for business impact.
Contact a program director at 412-268-2304 or email email@example.com to learn more.
- Introduction to connected systems/products and IoT Cyber Security
- Security risks associated with IoT and business and customer impact
- Customer needs and recent trends
- Managing expectations and providing evidence of security diligence
- Practices associated with designing in security
- Incident response
- Legal and financial considerations
- Regulatory trends
- Planning and investment
- Application to business problems